Friday 4 March 2016

Lush Twilight Bath Bomb and Shower Gel

Hey everyone,

Today's post is a little different, with a focus on a bath and body product (something I don't usually review!). This is the Lush Cosmetics bath bomb and shower gel in the scent "Twilight". The reason I'm so desperate to share these products is because it's my absolute favourite product from Lush, and although I recieved these as a gift for Christmas, I only started using them now!


The shower gel is a limited edition Christmas launch, but the bath bomb is a permanent product, and my absolute favourite. The main reason I enjoy this product so much is for the scent. It's a lavender and tonka smell which almost instantly relaxes me and makes me feel very, very sleepy.


It creates a beautiful pink and blue fizz when it hits the water, and as it dissolves the water gets a deeper and deeper shade of purple. There are little sparkly glitter bits in it, so if you don't like that on your skin I wouldn't recommend it, but it's very subtle and washes off, plus it makes the tub look like a starry night sky!


Not only is this product my go-to for hellish exam weeks, after stressful work days and when it's 5am and I haven't slept yet (all true stories), Twilight helps ease muscle tension, the delicious smell makes me breathe deeper and I feel much more relaxed and sleepy afterwards.

The bath bomb is great for stressful, sleepy people who want a nice hot bath, but the shower gel surprised me. Sometimes I feel too tired or stressed and think that baths take too long to run, sometimes make me feel a bit lightheaded and I'd much rather just shower instead. I figured the shower gel would be kind of a disappointment in comparison to the bath bomb but I was so surprised. It isn't a thick product so I wouldn't want to waste it to wash my whole body and shave etc etc. Instead, I do my usual routine (mostly using the Body Shop's shower gels, or one by Soap and Glory) and then after my hair is washed, my legs feel as smooth as a baby dolphin and I've pondered what on earth I'll do with a history degree, I like to take a little bit of this shower gel and just rinse it over my body for the divine scent before getting into some cozy PJ's and hitting the hay.

I really couldn't recommend this product enough.

Thanks for reading, I'm sleepy even thinking about it!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment