Friday 11 March 2016

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Strobe Powder

Hey everyone,

Today I'm back reviewing another item from Hourglass cosmetics. I'm a big fan of the brand, specifically their powder products and when I saw that they were releasing some strobing powders I was very excited. In my mind, strobing is just highlighting, but a little bit softer. It doesn't surprise me that Hourglass have gone the strobing route, considering they always have more subtle, glowing powders versus harsh contour and sparkly highlighters. I was originally drawn in by the shade Incandescent Strobe Light after almost entirely finishing Incandescent Light, a limited-edition shade from the Ambient Lighting Palette that released a few years ago and is now permanent. I loved that middle shade for setting my undereye concealer, and thought I'd give this a go because of the similarity between the two shades.


The packaging is the standard Hourglass packaging, a small compact, this time with a silver metallic finish instead of the rose gold or bronze.


The powder itself looks very similar to Incandescent Light LE shade, but definitely has more shimmer to it. The pink base is almost identical to the LE shade, but the difference in shine and shimmer is quite apparent. It's a beautiful product by itself, and I almost wished they had named it something different because I feel like lots of people will spend money on this product thinking it's a repackaging of the older shade. It's certainly not inexpensive, so I feel like they could have thought of a new name or made a distinction between the two a little clearer- particularly for the people who purchased this online. 


The size of the compact is most similar to their blush shades, about 1/3 of the size of their powders.


The powder is very finely milled and soft, incredibly blendable and quite pigmented. I do think it might be a little too shimmery for an undereye setting powder, but you can make it work if you're not too heavy handed. Overall, I think this product is really nice, and the pink shade is wonderful for fair skinned gals like myself, however they do have more peachy and yellow toned shades which I imagine would look lovely on people with darker complexions. I love the product, but as I mentioned before, I wish they had made the differences between Incandescent Strobe Powder and Incandescent Light much clearer.

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment