Friday 18 March 2016

Marc Jacobs Sephora Birthday Reward

Hey everyone,

So February was my birthday month and I made sure to head to Sephora for that Beauty Insider Birthday reward. I loved the Nars set from last year, and this year there were two options, a skincare and a makeup choice, and of course, I went for the makeup.


The 2016 makeup reward is from Marc Jacobs, and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. There are two products included, a miniature Highliner black gel liner and a Creme lipstick in the shade "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang".


They are both deluxe sample sizes, perfect for nights out with a small clutch bag, frequent flyers, and just for people who get enjoyment out of miniature sized products (me.)


The liner is a very intense black gel which is creamy and blendable when first applied, but sets down to a nice demi-matte finish and does not budge. It's incredible for in the water line, and it's soft gel texture makes it very comfortable to apply. It does't drag and could very easily be used to create a simple smoky eye in a hurry.


The lipstick is so aesthetically pleasing alone, in it's mini Marc Jacobs packaging, but the colour is also really lovely, particularly for the spring and summer. Its a nice shade of pink that is pretty universally flattering. I have quite dark lips on a fair complexion, but this shade would look lovely on many skintones both lighter and deeper than my own. I have applied it by sweeping on the colour, and also by pressing it into my lips for a more sheer finish. 


Here's how the colour looked on my lips, a pretty pink that doesn't have too much of a yellow or blue base, quite neutral and flattering. It lasted for a very long time and wasn't drying at all.


I did do a kiss test, and it does transfer a bit, so be aware of that if you're drinking or eating, or kissing!

I hope you liked this review :)

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment