Friday 12 February 2016

Valentine's Day Nails

Hey everyone,

Sorry for this delayed post, I had one scheduled and realized it was almost Valentine's Day so I should write something more appropriate! Here's some nail art I did for this weekend using various pink colours and glitter. I hope you enjoy! 


The shades I used were all from Essie, from L to R we have "Gel Setter", "Blanc", "Muchi Muchi", "Mod Square", "Big Spender" and "A Cut Above".


For this nail look your will need a plate or surface you don't mind getting messy. I wrapped a plate in plastic wrap so that it wouldn't get any paint on it. You will also need a small brush and some nail polish remover.


I started by painting my nails white with a few coats to make an opaque background colour.


I then tipped out a small amount of each of the colours I wanted to use.


Using the small brush, I created little hearts all over my nail, starting with one colour for my whole hand and then moving on to the next. The best way for me to create the heart shapes was actually to draw in a "V" shape, the brush helped make this look more like a heart.


I decided to add glitter onto select hearts on different nails. I think this made it extra girly and valentines-y, and I was pretty happy with the result.


Here's the finished look!


And of course no Valentine's look is complete without chocolate.

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope your weekend is full of nail polish, chocolate and love!

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment