Friday 19 February 2016

Too Faced HangoveRx Primer

Hey everyone,

Firstly- sorry about no Tuesday post! Tuesday posts are going to be little additions whereas Fridays are for properly scheduled posts. I'm sure I'll have more Tuesday posts coming up here and there though!

Today I'm reviewing a product I bought on a whim after feeling a tad hungover on January 1st. It's the Too Faced HangoveRx primer which claims to give the appearance of a full nights sleep to skin that is tired or dull. I used to use primers very regularly, and then as they ran out I thought I'd see how makeup worked without them, and honestly I didn't notice enough difference to find that they were worth the cost. Products I felt made the most difference were silicone-based products, for example, Benefit's PoreFessional. I personally don't mind the feeling of silicone, but I know many people prefer a water-based primer without the slippy texture. I thought I'd try one out! Here's my review.


First impressions, the packaging is adorable. Too Faced always package their products so well, always practical and pretty.


The primer has a lot of claims, and here's what I think.
- Makeup did apply more smoothly, particularly base products like foundation and concealer.
- My makeup was ever so slightly more radiant. If anything my skin after just the primer was applied looked more radiant, but when layered with product I'd say it's a very minor difference than the actual finish of your foundation.
- My skin did look more hydrated and plumper, as well as feeling a lot more refreshed and comfortable. I'm glad it doesn't claim to feel more hydrated, because it doesn't particularly, but it did look better!
- This is the one I can't really get on board with. Yeah, if I apply any makeup I look like I got a hell of a lot more sleep than is realistic, but I cannot say this primer made any additional difference whatsoever.


Ah! Practical and pretty! The packaging has a pump dispenser with a lid (hallelujah!) and is so, so perfect for travelling. Sturdy enough lid and pump, but soft tube to ensure you can get all of the product and it won't get too damaged if stored in a full makeup bag! It isn't bulky and is very light and durable.


The primer itself is lovely to apply because of it's refreshing texture and delicious smell. It has coconut water in it to help with hydration and plumpness, but honestly I enjoy it for the smell mostly. It isn't overpowering and doesn't linger, but is a pleasant addition to my morning routine. I will say it layers over moisturizer very nicely and does make a visible difference to your skin without makeup as far as looking plumper and more hydrated. I do think this will be better for dry skinned gals, as it helps your foundation have something to adhere too, and it doesn't stick to dry patches. Oiler skinned ladies may find that this product isn't totally compatible with mattifying foundations because they do somewhat counteract one another.


Overall, I'm enjoying using this primer. It's refreshing, smells wonderful and does help my makeup and skin to appear more hydrated. My makeup does last longer and looks better for longer, something I've appreciated during this last week of -27 weather in Ontario. From the perspective of a dry skinned girl, I give it a thumbs up!

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment