Tuesday 9 February 2016

Dr. Weil for Origins: Mega Mushroom Skincare

Hey everyone,

I've been a big fan of Origins skincare for a while now and just recently ran out of a lot of my moiturizers. I'm a big skincare fan and hated being without it or not having much choice so I decided to purchase from a line I've never used before: Dr Weil for Origins' Mega Mushroom Skincare. There was a great gift set online from the holidays which included the majority of the range in sample/deluxe sizes perfect to try out the entire range.


It came packaged in a really nice cosmetics bag which made me happy, it's wipeable and a great size for travelling. The Mega Mushroom line is designed for sensitive skin and reducing redness, both problems I encounter quite frequently. So far I like the products, some more than others! 


The Mega Mushroom Skin Relief cleanser is a really nice, gentle cleanser. I like to use it in the mornings when I wake up because of its soothing scent and gentle texture. It's not designed as a deep cleanser or one that will remove makeup, so it's perfect for in the mornings.


The Mega Mushroom toner is a really nice soothing product that leaves a slight moisturizing residue on the skin. It's very light, making it a perfect toner for daytime that sits nicely under other face products and makeup.


The Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Serum has to be one of my favourite products from the range. It's a very light serum which I like to use in the morning and I find it's great if I'm breaking out or having issues with stress which tends to effect my skin quite severely. All of the products have a light scent, it's quite spa-like with an essential oils type smell but it might be irritating for some.


The Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream is a really nice thick cream that provides a lot of moisture. I'm very faithful to the Origins Night-A-Mins face cream and this one is quite similar but not as hydrating. It's a thick cream for daytime, and suitable for nighttime as well.


I've only used one of the little Mega Mushroom mask pods because I wanted to save them for travelling, but this mask is really nice. It's a leave-on mask, similar to the Drink Up Intensive mask by Origins, but is more soothing on irritated skin than it is just for hydrating. I think this product would be a great natural treatment to skin issues such as minor allergic reactions or if your skin is sensitive after using an acne product etc.

I hope you liked this review, all of the products are nice, I'm not sure if there's anything that particularly stands out for me though. I will certainly use all of them up and may repurchase if in time I see some more results. I think the Origins sets are a fantastic way to sample new lines and products and I would definitely check out their website versus shopping for their products on Sephora because they often have free shipping and provide lots of samples as well.

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment