Tuesday 19 January 2016

Make Up For Ever "Mat Velvet +" Foundation

Hey everyone!

This weeks post features a product recommended to me by a super nice girl who I went to highschool with, and another person with incredibly pale skin not unlike myself. Her skin always looks flawless, so I asked what she used and she said it was the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +. I had already used their old HD foundation formula in the shade 115, and it was still just a little bit too dark for me. I decided to go for the Mat Velvet +, thinking if I wanted to have a more glowy finish I could mix it with my Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone (which I have, and it works wonderfully!)


The packaging, firstly, is incredible. Why on Earth is this packaging not more common? It's a tiny plastic bottle which still holds 30ml (the standard size for foundations) and it can really take a beating. I'm a fan of NARS foundations but their glass bottles annoy the hell out of me, this bottle would be perfect for somebody who travels a lot or who does their makeup on the go.


I originally tried the shade 15, but after trying it out it was much too pale. This made me incredibly happy because I know a few people who could never find foundation matches because they were too pale- and shade 15 is wonderful! I opted for one shade darker, 20, and it does not disappoint. It's very neutral which is perfect for foundations, and doesn't make me look too pink or yellow.


Back to the packaging for a second- C'mon look at the nozzle! (Er nozzle? Applicator? Spout?) Whatever it's called, it is incredible. No wasting product by pouring it all out on the back of your hand and no wasting product with a pump that is attached to a tube basically designed to leave 1/4 of the product unreachable! This is by far the best packaging I've found for a foundation.


I would say the coverage is medium to full. A little of this product goes a long way, but I find a pea size works for my entire face and then I can cover up with concealer as needed. The matte coverage is a little different for me, but it's not chalky or cakey looking. The only time I experienced that was when I applied too much. I think this is a foundation best worked in with thin layers.


You can see how neutral the undertones are in this product, and also how creamy the formula is. It's very comfortable for a foundation and the lasting power is impressive. I have very dry to dehydrated skin, and this is still quite comfortable to wear. I can imagine this being a big hit with you oily skinned girls!


Here you can see the coverage and colour on my hand. It blends in nicely- not as well as most of my more hydrating foundations do, but when paired with a primer it is wonderful. I'm really pleased with how this product has worked out for me. I think the packaging is amazing, some of the best, and the colour range is fantastic. Not only are there options for fair skins, but also for deeper skintones as well. I don't know why I never tried it sooner!

Thanks for reading! I hope you have a great week!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment