Friday 15 January 2016

Becca "Champagne Glow" Shimmering Skin Perfector Palette

Hey everyone!

Very exciting post today, because the Becca X Jaclyn Hill products have been so, so overwhelmingly popular with really positive reviews. I never bought the full-size Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop, so I was really thrilled to have the palette set which includes a small size of the product. I'm a big fan of Becca's highlighters, I used Opal Shimmering Skin Perfector (powder version) for a long time, and more recently the Moonstone liquid version which is incredible.


The packaging is bigger than you imagine it would be, but very thin. It's quite simple for a Becca product, and doesn't really have any of the same design elements of their other products. I do think the packaging is nice for size and shape, but I think there could have been more effort put into the overall design, especially since it was a sell-out and limited edition.


The palette comes with three shades, each powder is under 2.5g. The shades included are Pearl (first time in powder form- now available full size), Champagne Pop (the original Jaclyn Hill colab product), and Blushed Copper, which is more of a pigmented blush than a highlight.


For a palette with only three shades, I think they chose some really great options. Pearl is fabulous on pale skinned gals, Champagne Pop is perfect for basically anybody, and Blushed Copper makes a great blush on paler girls and a wonderful highlight for those of your with deeper skins.


This is a terrible picture, but I had to show how amazing the mirror is! It's full size in the lid and is really great for travelling. The palette itself is sturdy, so I find I can apply all of my makeup with this products mirror because it's so large. The product size looks quite small in the packaging, but all three shades are so pigmented that a little goes a very long way. I think this palette will last a very long time.


These swatches are quite heavy-handed, but I only used a single swipe of my finger. When applied with a brush these shades look incredible on the skin. They certainly aren't subtle- so I would keep that in mind if you prefer something less sparkly or shimmery. They blend wonderfully and are very creamy in texture. I'm loving Pearl for the inner corner of my eyes and on the bridge of my nose, and Champagne Pop on my cheekbones. I was nervous for Brushed Copper, as a girl with very fair skin I tend to choose cooler toned blushes, but I was immediately surprised at how much I loved this as a blush. This palette got a lot of love from me over the holiday season- especially at New Years, but I think it will be in my makeup bag all year long.

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment