Friday 8 January 2016

Hourglass 'Diffused Light' Ambient Lighting Powder

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!

So as I mentioned in early December, I've decided 2016 will be another blogging year for me. Rather than attempting to post 3 times every week (and failing by the Summer months), I'd rather put much more time and effort into each post to make it higher-quality and also to ensure that these posts are actually going up on time. I hope you all had a wonderful year, enjoyed time with loved ones over the holiday season and are looking forward to an amazing 2016!


Today, I'm reviewing the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in the shade Diffused Light. It is one of the paler shades and has a more yellow toned finish. I had previously owned the Hourglass powder in Dim Light, and although it was more neutral/pink in tone (more suited to my skin) it was far too dark and never really suited my skin.


I purchased Diffused Light because I loved the Incandescent Light shade that was exclusive to the Ambient Lighting Palette, I used it both as an under eye setting powder and also to subtly highlight areas of my face. I'm still hoping they will make this shade permanent one day- but until then I thought I would try to find the next best thing. Diffused Light appeared to be the palest of the available shades although it does have the yellow colouring, however I realize there is also a shade named Ethereal Light which is more opalescent- this wasn't at the Sephora I visited however. I find that Diffused Light does match my face, but it still doesn't compare to Incandescent Light for me, personally.


Here you can really see how yellow the powder is. Colour aside- the texture and finish is wonderful. It is a very fine powder and has a sheer, subtle glow which I find makes it perfect both as a subtle everyday highlight, or as a setting powder if you prefer a more glowy finish to your makeup (I do!).


I prefer to use the Sephora 79 brush to apply this powder under my eyes and for a more precise application to my face. The brush is called the "Pro Contour 79" and fits really well under the eyes. I find it works with the powder really nicely, and because the powders are so soft and finely milled, I find that a larger brush disturbs the powder and quickly leaves messy powder all over the dressing table, my legs and in the compact itself. I would definitely recommend using a smaller brush in such a soft powder.

I hope you enjoyed this post- I love writing about makeup, particularly when I can be more in-depth and honest in my reviews.

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment