Friday 21 August 2015

Travel Diaries: Tobermory, Ontario

Hey everyone,

Todays Travel Diaries post is one a little closer to home in Tobermory, Ontario. It's about a three hour drive from where I live, driving on only two roads the entire time heading almost directly North. My friends and I had wanted to plan a camping trip for some time, but must have waited too long to book it because we could only get one night at the Bruce Peninsula National Park. Here's what we got up to in the short amount of time that we were there!


We started off our trip leaving early in the morning and stopping at a Tim Hortons for some breakfast. My breakfast included a powdered donut and a large cup of tea. My friends got slightly more sensible options, but it was a good start to the day.


We didn't stop at all while driving, but it was a relatively short drive and the scenery was beautiful. Here's the first picture we took upon arrival- this was a 2 minute walk from our site!


Of course we wanted to document it, so here we are laughing about something on the edge of Cyprus lake.


And here's how happy I was to be out of the car and starting my mini vacation!


We put up the tent and got in, looking pretty proud of ourselves and getting excited for a swim!


The water was beautiful. It was freezing, but beautiful.


We all swam, rockclimbed, and visited The Grotto which was incredible. I didn't document it because I didn't want to drop my phone into the crystal clear water, or down 'the chimney', which was a narrow hole in the rocks which I reluctantly climbed both up and down. 


Here we are after the hike to the Grotto, enjoying a little rest.


And this was taken at the end of the night, after visiting Tobermory for dinner and enjoying some icecream. 

I would definitely revisit Tobermory and the Bruce Peninsula National Park anyday! I would love to stay for longer and really enjoy swimming in the beautiful Cyprus Lake. It was well worth visiting and I'm sure I'll be back! 

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment