Wednesday 19 August 2015

Queen Helene Mint Julep Scrub

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing a product from Queen Helene, a brand I have never really come across before or ever tried. I have heard of their Mint Julep Mask, and I mistakenly bought this thinking it was the mask when it is in fact a scrub. So right off the bat you can tell I wasn't really too invested in this product, so much so that I barely read the packaging. Luckily for me, this was a really pleasant surprise. Firstly, it's a scrub that doesn't use horrible plastic beads. It's similar to the St. Ives Apricot scrub using walnut and shell powder. While I don't think these are particularly fantastic ingredients, I do think it is much better than synthetic beads.


It does have a nice minty smell which is really refreshing. It's a dense formula and a little goes a long way- and I do think if you put too much on it could be a bit stripping or drying. I also think if you have very sensitive or problem skin this would not be a good product for you. Teenage Megan would have never gotten along with this formula, however, my skin is balancing out and I do think if it's used correctly it is quite a nice product. I've really been in the market for some scrubs lately, and this is the harshest of the ones I've tried, but I really love using this a few times every week. Typically, I use this in the shower because it's really refreshing, 


Overall I would recommend this product if your skin is normal or at least predictable. Sensitive or irritable skin will likely not get along with this, and if you use too much it will be a bit drying. However, a small amount really smooths the skin and helps to get rid of dead skin and dry patches. It's a good budget buy, and proves that scrubs can be cheap and good without having plastic beads that are terrible for the environment!

I hope you enjoyed this post!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment