Friday 14 August 2015

Travel Diaries: Dublin, Ireland

Hey everyone,

Time for another Travel Diaries series! This week I'm writing all about Dublin, Ireland. I hope you enjoy!


Our first stop was a pub for a beer, Fraser and his brother, Alec, both bought a pint of Guinness, of course. We hadn't arrived at our apartment yet, but we were starving and got a cheese toasty and some vegetable soup.


Just outside of our rental apartment was this really cute flower shop, and since we had arrived shortly after the vote 'yes' for marriage equality there was amazing street art. I decided to take a picture of this awesome window decoration because I feel like it's truly a piece of history.


Of course we stopped of at the Guinness brewery and sampled a pint, it's not my thing but I did try it and appreciated the companies advertisements and history. It's worth visiting if you're in Dublin.


It was a beautiful day and we decided to visit St. Patricks cathedral and St. Stephens Green. At St. Stephen's Green I made a daisy chain and then we all fell asleep in the grass due to it being a lovely sunny day, and also because we were exhausted of travelling for three weeks.



At the end of the third day we flew back with Aer Lingus, the most Irish airline of them all. 

Overall, I would highly recommend Dublin, and Ireland as a whole. It's a beautiful city and country and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Next time I visit I'll make sure I'm there for longer. Between pub hopping and drinking a lot of cider and napping in beautiful public parks, there are also sites with loads of history and culture. I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment