Monday 10 August 2015

Camping Essentials

Hey everyone,

I went camping. I would consider myself more of a glamper than a camper, but I decided I haven't seen enough of Ontario, and thought a trip with the girls would be a blast. It was, and I will dedicate a Travel Diaries post to it soon, but for now, here are the items I took with me, and I will let you know whether I used them or not!


First, and most importantly, sunscreen. One for the body (SPF 30) and one for the face (SPF 40). I used the facial sunscreen but not the body one, turns out we didn't really need either due to the lack of sun, but I would bring them again just in case!


Miniature shampoo and conditioner, this was a just in case, and I didn't use them. I was only away for about 48 hours so it definitely wasn't essential, but again- just in case.


Toothpaste. The item on this list that I used most consistently. I did eat a lot of marshmallows.


Body wash from a Disney hotel. Didn't use, but glad I brought it because it could easily be a backup for handsoap or something else to freshen up. If I was away for longer I would have certainly used this.


I feel as though I bring cotton pads and Q-Tips anywhere I go, so this wasn't even especially for camping. I used the cotton pads for micellar water (see below) but the Q-Tips were for eye makeup emergencies only. 


I brought a mini sized micellar water from Avene to remove my eye makeup. I only wore makeup on the day of our arrival so although I only used it once, I'm glad I had it. It was also nice for a freshen up after hiking and whatnot.


Kiehls ultra facial moisturizer is a nice standard moisturizer which I used on my face and hands and would have used anywhere that needed it. It's nothing special but it does the job and I did use this quite a bit.


Deodorant. Again, nothing special, but very important when camping in close quarters with others.


I brought this Live Clean Restoring Serum spray in case I went swimming and my hair got really tangly or gross feeling. I didn't actually get my hair wet, but I know this would sort it out if I had.


About the only time I ever have makeup wipes, and I used one, once. Should have definitely bought a travel pack. Can you believe these cost $8.00?!?


And last, but not least, the makeup. Four items. A BB Cream from Maybelline with and SPF of 30, a lipbalm from Nivea with an SPF, a waterproof mascara from Tarte, and a brow pencil from Soap and Glory. I used all of these products once, so they weren't really necessary at all.

I hope you enjoyed this informal post about what I brought camping with me. Again, if I had gone for even a day or two longer I'm sure most of these would have come in handy, however this post has confirmed that I am a huge overpacker. Oh well, I don't see that changing anytime soon!

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment