Monday 17 August 2015

MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing about one of MACs most popular products and a repurchase of mine. Their Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is a very popular, well loved powder with a natural, skinlike finish that sets foundation and keeps oil and shininess at bay. I've used this before, and despite it being a shade too dark (2 years ago I was feeling ambitious about getting tanned), this time I've gone for my normal palest shade and love the results. I'm going to review the powder as well as the repackaging, so I hope you enjoy!


I bought the shade "Light" versus my previous shade "Light Plus". There's a good variety of shades which isn't unusual for MAC, so it's pretty easy to find a colour that suits you. 


Above is the old packaging with a clear lid and no mirror. Below is the shiny new compact.


As you can see the colour is definitely different. The new compact is definitely better suited to my skintone, and I really love the new packaging too. It's slightly smaller in diameter, but thicker which is a bit of a pain. Since it's a baked product its more raised than a normal setting powder, however, I do think the packaging could be a bit smaller and more purse friendly. 


You can see how beat up and well loved the old is versus the shiny new!


Here you can better see the difference in thickness.

MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is a really lovely powder that requires a light hand. It doesn't get thick or cakey as quick as other powders, but it still has a tendency to cling to dry patches (something I'm quite used to!). The powder itself has a light coverage, so it does help reduce redness or discolouration if there is any leftover after foundation. I do really like this powder because it's very soft and smooth, finely milled and a little goes a long way. It's no wonder why it's so popular and why people continue to repurchase.

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment