Friday 28 August 2015

French Manicure Sticker Test

Hey everyone!

Firstly- sorry this is going up late! Thought I had scheduled it but must have forgotten to hit publish or some other important button! Hope you enjoy this post!


Recently I tried out the method of using binder stickers to create the perfect French manicure. I used Essie's "Blanc" as the white shade, and regular binder stickers.


I pressed one onto each of my nails, and tried to layer two on my thumb because it was too wide. Layering two did not work out very well because it meant that the tip wasn't very rounded or even and instead had a pointed centre. 


When painted with the binder stickers still on everything looks good to go. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case for very long.


I peeled them all off- very carefully- and I just think it looks quite messy. Perhaps if I had peeled them off sooner so that they weren't as goopy, or maybe if I had waited until it was more dry, I'm not sure. Personally, I think I'd have better luck painting free hand, and that's not bragging, my very unsteady hand creates better lines than these stickers. Plus it's less wasteful.

So there's my negative review of using binder stickers for French manicure nail art. My advice is to just practice free hand and hope that practice makes perfect. Personally, it's not worth spending money on the stickers unless you use them in your binder, and it's not worth the waste.

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment