Friday 31 July 2015

Travel Diaries: Norwich, England

Hey everyone,

This post is particularly special to me because Norwich is my hometown and where I was born. We began our trip by taking a train from Bath into London, and from London into Norwich where my bestest friend Gracie picked us up! Here's what we did!


After Gracie picked us up we went back to her lovely house and got settled in before taking the short drive to the village I grew up in, Upton. We walked around the duck pond and wandered through the marshes.


First stop, located conveniently across from the duck pond was my old house, and of course I had to take a picture. 


We walked around the marshes to the boat dyke and then onto the local pub for some dinner. We were pretty exhausted at this point, so we pretty much went home and jumped into bed. 


The next day Gracie had to go into Norwich for uni, so Fraser and I took this chance to walk around the city and see some museums. We looked at the art gallery at the UEA, and then onto the Castle Museum in Norwich. We stayed almost all day, and then went home to change and get ready to go back into Norwich for dinner and drinks with some of my old school friends.


The next day we did some tours around Norfolk, beginning in Heydon, a small town where Frasers great-great-great Grandfather died. (Maybe one less 'great', I can never remember). Incredibly we found his headstone, and then moved on to the next destination. 


We drove through Holt into Cromer, a beach town, and stopped for a veggie burger at lunch followed by spending a lot of money in an arcade. From Cromer we drove onto Thetford forest for a tree climbing experience called 'Go Ape'.


I'm not a massive fan of heights, but I did finish it to everybody's surprise! Climbing was not my thing, but I loved zip lining around! 


Heres just one photo of me struggling.


We had quite a short time in Norfolk due to a potential train strike, so we had to leave a day earlier than planned. The next day mainly consisted of travelling down to London and then over to Enfield to spend time with Frasers brother. 

I hope you enjoyed another Travel Diaries!

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment