Wednesday 20 May 2015

My In-Flight Beauty Essentials

Hey everyone,

Today I'm going to show you all of the products I take with me in my carry-on bag when flying.
I have named this post my "In-Flight Beauty Essentials", but I'm sure you'll quickly realize there is a lack of beauty.
I fit everything into a really small makeup bag which has a wipeable coating. It's not fabric, so when it's tossed around and pulled out on planes, trains and cars it won't get too filthy.
To begin I have a travel size pack of Simple cleansing wipes. I'm not a fan of cleansing wipes generally, but I think it will make a nice refresher on long-haul flights. I'm flying Toronto-Reykjavik, Reykjavik-Paris, taking a train from Paris-London, several trains in England, and then flying from London-Toronto... needless to say at some point during the hours of travelling I'm going to feel grubby and want to freshen up.
Next up is a cooling roller-ball eye gel by Origins. It's called "No Puffery"- and for good reason. It will help moisturize under my eyes and keep them cool and hopefully relieve my tired eyes. It's a tiny size, and something I will use throughout my trip, even when I'm not travelling.
The moisturizer I'm taking on the flight is the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer. It's a no-fuss, clean feeling product which has no scent and isn't offensive in small spaces. I think I will use this throughout the flight to keep my skin hydrated- planes are notorious for drying out skin and making your skin look and feel dull upon arrival. Hopefully this will combat the dullness!
A lip balm is absolutely essential on a flight of any length. Because airplanes are so drying, this is a real must-have for me. Again, I will also have this throughout the duration of my trip to keep my lips happy and hydrated!
A small anti-bacterial hand gel is pretty important when I'm travelling. I'm not a huge germaphobe, but when I'm stepping on and off of flights, subways and trains I like to have this stuff handy. It smells nice and isn't too overpowering, and can be used for all sorts when you can't wash your hands.
Next up is to deal with the dryness of an anti-bacterial hand gel. If I'm already in a dry place, using alcohol based products is less than ideal, so I'm bringing the Soap and Glory Hand Food, a super moisturizing hand cream which I intend to use on my hands and elbows. 
I'm also bringing a tiny nail file- it's not essential, but you never know when you might need it!
I've made sure everything fits in to a Ziplock bag to get through security quickly and efficiently. I'm going to package everything up to make sure it fits in the standard carry-on limits, and then put it into the bag.
Now I'm all set for the flight!
Other essentials of mine include my iPod and headphones, a book, some gum and of course, lots and lots of snacks!

I hope you enjoyed this post!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment