Monday 27 April 2015

Mani Monday #17

Hey everyone,

Today I'm talking all about cuticle oil. This was always a step I never really thought was essential, but a good habit I've gotten into every time I paint my nails, and occasionally before I go to sleep.
I'm comparing two today, the first being Essie's "Smooth Trick", and Witchcraft's "Condition Me Softly"
Essie's Smooth Trick comes in a tube container with an interesting applicator and lid.
The tip is a rubber point and when you gently press onto your nail the oil comes out.
It's a thicker oil than the Witchcraft, and a little more nourishing. 
The Witchcraft oil comes in better packaging, in my opinion. The brush is wonderful and makes applying it to your nail much easier and less messy. It comes with a rubber tip on the lid to push back your cuticles as well. The lid snaps on more securely than the Essie oil, making it better for on-the-go or travelling.
It's a thinner oil which absorbs more quickly, but isn't quite as moisturizing as the oil by Essie.

Overall, I think cuticle oil is a nice additional step to your manicure routine, and really helps keep your nail bed moisturized.

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment