Friday 1 May 2015

Alexa Chung "It" Book Review

Hey everyone,

Todays post is a bit different, it's a book review! For those who don't know, Alexa Chung is a model and contributor to British Vogue, and has a pretty awesome sense of style. I actually first picked this book up in a store and while my boyfriend was browsing.. I read the entire thing. Safe to say there was no need for me to purchase then and there, but I'm glad I went back and did.
It features all sorts of awesome girlpower related fashion and artsy related stuff, from fashion to drawings to incredible photographs. It's a book filled with my interests, basically.
It's part autobiography and part inspiration. The use of photographs and descriptions of Chung's style icons instantly make you appreciate them and find inspiration too. 
Honestly, it's a really easy read. Lots of pictures, very pleasing to the eye, and text that is actually understandable. After reading so many textbooks this semester I love a good book I don't have to struggle through. There were so many interesting tidbits of information, but for someone who loves fashion (and the whole industry that I doubt I'll ever be a part of), I thoroughly enjoyed it all. 
This book makes a happy addition to my growing collection. I've insisted that one day I will have a full fashion library, but for now I have a neat stack sitting on a chair in my living room.

I think "It" is a wonderful book with excellent imagery. It shares Alexa's interesting life and career, without being over the top or showing off. It makes you relate to hear as if she is a friend whose just telling you stories about stuff. I think this would make a great gift for any fashion enthusiasts- or just for any lover of pretty things. Alexa Chung is the perfect mix of pretty and badass.

I hope you enjoyed this review- book reviews aren't something I'm particularly used to!

Thanks for reading,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment