Wednesday 8 April 2015

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black Fragrance

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing a fragrance review, not something I do very often. I'm not very good at it, so I'm relying on the notes written online and trying to explain my thoughts and feelings about the fragrance itself, and also its lasting power etc. 
"Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black is an addictive blend of alluring violet, sensual sandalwood, and rich vanilla that strike the perfect balance between masculine and feminine."
I think the packaging is really nice, it's very solid and sturdy, I know if I were to take it somewhere nothing would break off and the lid would stay put. It's got a cool texture and I think it looks quite striking. Usually I'm a fan of very pretty, girly packaging, but for some reason I love this!
The fragrance itself is quite masculine, but warm. I originally had a sample from Sephora and adored the scent. I thought that it was certainly more of an evening perfume because it's quite heavy and strong. When first applied it does seem this way, but as it settles it becomes a warmer, more feminine scent. I think this wears nicely at any time of the day. Personally, I have worn it day and night.
The lasting power is also quite good. While it wouldn't hurt to have a top-up mid-way through the day, applied once it still lasts nicely. 
Overall, I am really impressed with this fragrance. If you like something a bit lighter, they do have a Nirvana White scent which is lighter and more floral. If you like deeper, masculine, warm scents I would highly recommend this! It has quickly become one of my all time favourite scents!

I hope this review was somewhat helpful- I know most fragrance is opinion, but I thought I'd share what I thought anyway!

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment