Friday 10 April 2015

Benefit "Roller Lash" Mascara Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing the Benefit Roller Lash, their newest release and much-anticipated sequel to the very popular "They're Real" mascara. I've been using this mascara every day for about two weeks now, because I wanted to give a completely honest review!
Firstly, the packaging is really cute! It's designed to look like a hair roller, and the screw top is actually rubberized. I think it helps you to keep a steady hand while applying, but because of its pale pink colour I feel as though it might get dirty if you travel a lot or theres a mishap in your makeup bag! So far this hasn't been an issue for me though!
The wand is slightly bent (sort of a banana shape) and it has longer bristles on the outer side, with short bristles on the inner side to really lift the root of your lashes. The brush is excellent, and I'm sure it had to be after their last amazing mascara. Roller Lash allows you to coat every lash evenly and it really holds a curl, doing exactly what it claims to. 
Here is a before and after- as you can see, my short, stubby lashes are instantly lifted and lengthened!
Note: I did not curl my lashes beforehand! 
On both eyes you can see what a dramatic difference this makes. Overall, I am incredibly impressed.
The lasting power is great, the curl does drop slightly throughout the day, but not enough for me to complain about. The formula isn't marketed as waterproof, but I usually prefer waterproof formulas. Just like Benefit's "They're Real", Roller Lash has a similar formula in that it's not waterproof but is very long wearing and actually takes a bit of work to take off at the end of the day. I find when using my usual oil cleanser or cleansing balm it's not much of an issue, but I suspect a makeup wipe won't cut it.
And then there's this! Benefit Canada retweeting me! Very, very exciting!

Overall, I could not recommend this product enough. It's long lasting, eyelash changing formula has very quickly put this in my top 10 or even 5 mascaras.
I hope you enjoyed this review!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment