Wednesday 25 March 2015

Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection Eye Brushes

Hey everyone!

Today I'm reviewing the newest release from Real Techniques, the Bold Metals Collection. It's a collection of 7 brushes and it's available from Ulta in the U.S and Boots in the U.K. My Dad and sister were visiting England last week and they picked these up for me! I'm not sure where you can purchase in Canada, but the Real Techniques website does ship to Canada! 
These brushes are actually quite expensive. Although sold in the drugstores, they are not at a drugstore price tag. Don't get me wrong, they are reasonably priced, and certainly a high-quality product. If these are a little bit out of your price range, the regular Real Techniques line is fabulous and I would recommend to anyone!
I have two of the eye brushes, the 200 Oval Shadow and the 201 Pointed Crease brush. 
Side note: If you haven't subscribed or watched Pixiwoo on YouTube, you're missing out! Sam and Nic Chapman are excellent makeup artists based out of Norwich, UK, and I was lucky enough to meet them in Toronto last November. I can safely say they're lovely ladies and have produced some fabulous brushes!
The bristles are very soft and do seem very high quality. I haven't washed them yet so I'm not sure how well they wash, but if they're anything like the original brushes they should wash very well.
The Pointed Crease brush is perfect for defining the crease, but I also love it for adding eyeshadow underneath the eye in a smokey eye look.
The Oval Shadow brush is a very nice eye brush with many uses. I think it's very versatile and could be used for all over colour and blending!
The Oval Crease Brush retails at Ulta for $15.99 USD, as does the Pointed Crease Brush.
Overall I thought these brushes we're very well designed. It seems Real Techniques can do no wrong when it comes to brushes, and I personally find them to rival much more expensive alternatives.
It's also important to note Real Techniques are cruelty free and only use synthetic bristles!

If you can get your hands on these I would highly recommend it! Another win for RT!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment