Monday 16 March 2015

Mani Monday #11

Hey everyone,

It happened. The first nail decided to go. I had this manicure done as a birthday present (Feb 7), so I must admit they lasted a really long time. From where the nail snapped off, you can see how the tip had grown out, and I had even trimmed them down a few times. 
Incredibly, this is the longest my natural nails have ever been. I've always had very weak, brittle nails, despite never being a nail biter or anything like that. This nail was very weak (as I'm sure you can see), and I think this is likely because the nail extension had taken away a layer or two of my nail with it.
The rest were still very sturdy, but had grown out quite a lot so I intend to get them taken off in the next day or two. I'm not sure yet if I will have them re-done, I think if I do I will get them much shorter with a lighter colour. 
Overall, I think 5 weeks of wear isn't bad. I think it's great if you're going on vacation and don't want to fuss with nail polish chipping or having to bring a nail colour with you, but for everyday wear it does require upkeep and I think they need to be tended to more regularly than every 5 weeks for a neater looking manicure. I think if, like me, you have weak, brittle nails it's something to look into, but it can get rather expensive if you really love them and decide you can't live without them!

Hope you enjoyed week eleven of Mani Monday!
Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment