Friday 6 March 2015

Bumble and Bumble "Surf Spray" First Impressions

Hey everyone!

Today I'm writing about the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray, and incredibly popular hair product from one of the most up-and-coming brands of the past few years. The Surf Spray is designed to add that 'beachy, windswept' style to your hair, mimicking the look of naturally wavy hair you tend to get when your hair dries after getting out of water (specifically saltwater). 
I have a small size, but I think it will last me for a very long time. I have quite fine hair, but a lot of it, and for me to add some texture and waviness it only takes a few spritz from this bottle.
I think if you don't mind the feeling of dry shampoo you won't mind what this product does to your hair. Personally, my hair is a nightmare to get smooth and shiny, and brushing through it almost always requires detangling spray or a hardcore conditioning hair mask. Because I only ever have smooth hair the day of/after a hairwash, I would recommend using this on second or third day hair. I think it undoes a lot of the clean feeling you may have after a recent wash, and to me this is a bit counterproductive. However, on hair that will be washed that evening, or the next day, it can produce some really nice results. Don't expect to be pushing a comb through your locks too easily though!
While the hair doesn't feel crunchy (like a hairspray), it does add texture and makes it a bit hard to manage. I think it would look great as a volumizer for in the roots to amp up a messy bun or ponytail too! I haven't found the best way to use it for me yet, but I'm still experimenting!

All I can say is that it does it's job very well. Personally, I don't love the feeling of it in my hair because it makes it that much harder for me to manage, but if you have relatively tangle-free, smooth, straight hair, this would be an excellent product to add some waviness and texture.

I hope you enjoyed this review!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment