Thursday 5 February 2015

Origins "Clear Improvement Active Charcoal" Mask

Hey everyone!

Today I'm reviewing yet another face mask, this time from Origins. It's a clay mask designed to clear pores and bring impurities to the surface. It definitely works! While it can be drying it's does exactly what it says it's going to do. I've found it works well on clearing blackheads and taming hormonal breakouts- but it can bring some pimples to the surface so it's not a mask you'll want to use the night before an important event. 
I have a sample size but so far it's given me two full face masks and I haven't noticed it going down much at all! You definitely don't need to use a lot. 
I have dry, dehydrated, acne-prone sensitive skin. So basically the worst skin type. But for a clay mask I found it to be surprisingly gentle and not too drying- although I recommend following up with a moisturizer! 
I recommend using this 1-2 times per week if your skin isn't too sensitive. As long as its followed with moisturizers I feel like it can be used regularly without issues. 

Overall I think this mask is a really great buy. At $28 CDN for 100ml it is a mid-ranged price point, but not that much more expensive than a drugstore alternative which are often much more drying to the skin. I will continue to finish this sample and will consider repurchasing in the future! 

Thanks for reading!

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment