Saturday 7 February 2015

NARS Sephora Birthday Goodies!

Hey everyone,

Today is my 21st birthday so I thought it would be appropriate to do a review on the Sephora Beauty Insider birthday treat. I think it's a great freebie and since it changes every year you get to try deluxe samples from various brands. Two years ago it was from Benefit, last year was MakeUpForEver and this year we have a great sample from NARS. If you aren't already a Beauty Insider for Sephora- sign up! It's well worth it for the birthday gift alone!

The Beauty Insiders received two lip pencils from NARS, and VIB Rouge members also get a deluxe eyeliner.

It's really nice that you get two different colours and textures- and the sizes are excellent!
Rikugien is a Satin Lip pencil by NARS in a neutral pink shade. It has a bit of shine to it but is surprisingly long lasting. It's a perfect everyday shade and I have already worn this on several occasions!
Here it is on the lips.
This is what I was most excited for (mostly because of rave reviews from Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup), NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in the shade Cruella.
It's a beautiful, deep, classic red- leaning more on the pink side in my opinion. It is completely matte and dries down almost instantly on the lips. It is so pigmented but quite easy to apply. It never gets on your teeth (huge bonus for a red!) and while it is very slightly drying, it might be worth it for the incredible colour payoff and lasting power.
This is a very unfocused picture but I had to swatch them together next to my little owl!

Overall, I was very, very happy with this birthday gift. I'm impressed with the NARS products and am convinced I will purchase more full sizes in the future!

Thanks for reading! Yay for turning 21!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment