Saturday 21 February 2015

NARS All Day Luminous Foundation First Impressions

Hey everyone!

Today I'm reviewing the NARS All Day Luminous Foundation in the shade Mont Blanc. It's the second-lightest shade with pink undertones.


NARS describe the foundation as:

"Full, natural-looking coverage with unexpectedly weightless, 16-hour wear. Highly pigmented and perfectly balanced, this breakthrough formula builds and blends effortlessly with just one drop—the result of exclusive innovation uniquely designed to deliver long-wearing full coverage, weightlessly. Shake, pump and blend in sections for complete coverage that's completely natural looking.
Pure Innovation. Exclusively NARS.
Weightless Long-wear Technology delivers up to 16 hours of wear, while always feeling light-as-air. Featuring advanced flexible polymers and first-to-market treated pigments."

So far I've only used this product 4 times. The first two I used a Beauty Blender and found it didn't work super well- it was okay, but didn't cover as smoothly as I would have liked. When using a Real Techniques Buffing Brush I found it applied smoother and covered my skin texture and redness with more ease.
The packaging is really nice, it comes in a heavy glass bottle- so the only negative is that it may not be entirely travel friendly. The lid has typical NARS packaging, so expect it to be filthy after the first use. Although these are both slight complaints, overall it's really sturdy and looks lovely on any dresser.
Its a standard foundation size of 30ml, and costs a whopping $57.00 CDN
The biggest perk of this foundation in comparison to other NARS products is that it includes a PUMP! Sheer Glow by NARS doesn't come with a pump and if you want it, it has to be purchased separately. 
It is a very liquid-y foundation, so it does have to be shaken up well. When pumped out it only gives you a tiny amount, this means you don't waste anything, but I usually need 2-3 pumps to cover the redness and bumps on my face. 
Overall, I think this product needs to be experimented with a little bit to find the best way to work with it. I find if your skin isn't completely exfoliated and moisturized it can cling to dry spots or bumps which is quite annoying for its large claims and price point. It also isn't quite as luminous as I had imagined. It's more of a satin/matte finish and while it does look nice, I don't know if it should be marketed as a luminous/glowy foundation.

I hope you enjoyed this post- apologies for not having a before/after shot- but to be totally honest the lighting is terrible where I am at the moment and I wouldn't be able to do it justice! What I can say is that when it's applied to well moisturized skin it looks lovely and even gets better as the day goes on. When applied too soon after a moisturizer it can look patchy and cling to those spots, so I do think it's hard to work with. The next high-end foundation on my wish list is NARS Sheer Glow, so I'll compare them soon!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment