Thursday 19 February 2015

Yves Saint Laurent "Volupte Tint-In-Oil" Review

Hey everyone!

Today I'm reviewing the YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil gloss. It retails for $35.00CDN so it's definitely a luxury product! I was inspired to make this purchase because so far I'm quite a fan of anything from YSL. I have a few lipsticks and some eyeshadow quads, and the quality is superb. I suppose you are paying for it!


I stole the picture above from the YSL website because I thought it quickly summarized why this tint-in-oil is so revolutionary. They describe the product as:

"A revolutionary lip colour with a lip tint suspended in a deep conditioning oil. Coat your lips with this lip tint for a lightweight texture that instantly melts onto lips. It is infused with a blend of four essential oils for deep hydration: apricot kernel oil, coriander fruit oil, jojoba seed oil, and possiflora edulis seed oil. Its exclusive applicator envelops the lips in full colour and allows for a precise and uniform application. Lightweight and non-sticky, this lip tint offers a new and luminous shine while the tint effect enhances the natural beauty of the lips—making it the perfect combination for youthful looking lips."

The packaging is classic YSL and is pretty in your face... but so luxurious! 
I chose the shade 3 "Undress Me", but in retrospect I would have gone for one with slightly more colour- I'm eyeing up 4 "I Rose You" which has a bit more of a pink pigment to it. Not that this one isn't beautiful, I just think for the price I should have picked a colour which I would enjoy more. 
The gloss packaging is chrome with a YSL imprint representing the colour you purchased (another reason I would have loved the pinker shade!). It's very heavy and clearly well made, plus it looks stunning on any dressing table! 
The wand on this gloss is very unique and is surprisingly nice. It really hugs the lips and is very soft, and although this product is very smooth and easy to apply, it is incredibly glossy and this just makes sure you get a precise application.
The formula itself is really nice! I ordered this online so I wasn't too sure what to expect, and before it arrived I had swatched it on my hand and thought it was perhaps a bit sticky, but that's not the case at all on the lips.
 It is really moisturizing and smooth, and while you can feel it on the lips it's not sticky at all. I think it looks really lovely and the glossiness of the product really makes your lips look fuller and plumper while actually being very comfortable to wear. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment