Wednesday 25 February 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills "Brow Wiz" vs. "Dip Brow Pomade"

Hey everyone!

Today I'm discussing two very popular products by Anastasia Beverly Hills: The Dip Brow Pomade, and The Brow Wiz. I've owned both for quite a while now, the Dip Brow since December, and this is actually the third Brow Wiz I've owned. I hope you enjoy this comparison!
Here they are pictured together, the Brow Wiz is a pencil and the Pomade is sort of like a gel eyeliner for your brows.
I have the Brow Wiz in the shade "Taupe", which was formerly called "Ash Blonde".
It has two great perks making it my favourite brow product, 1) A Spooley (or brow brush). Super handy to travel with and a great way to tame your brows and evenly distribute the product.
Perk #2 is the super fine tip. It is so small that it can create a fine line which replicates hair quite nicely and naturally. I definitely think the Brow Wiz is easier to apply than the Pomade. 
The Pomade has quite a thick texture and is quite dry. I apply it using an angled brush, and I think the thinner the brush the better. 
Again, I have the Pomade in the shade "Taupe", but I think this comes up a bit darker and stronger. I'm not sure if it's how I apply it or if it's just because of the product texture, but it certainly looks bolder than the Brow Wiz.
It can get a bit messy and I do worry that it may dry out, but the lid screws on tightly and I haven't experienced an issue so far. 
This is my eyebrow with the Brow Wiz. It's a bit more natural looking and I prefer it for an everyday look, and when travelling.
This is my brow using the Pomade. I think it creates a bolder look, which is sometimes nice, and I've found that it lasts much longer than the Brow Wiz. I prefer this for fuller makeup looks or when I feel like wearing a more intense brow. It is cheaper than the Brow Wiz, and I think it will last longer.

I hope you found this review helpful. I would highly recommend Anastasia for your brow needs, everything I've tried so far I've loved and I haven't found a comparison yet!

Thanks for reading!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment