Friday 9 January 2015

The Body Shop's "Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask" Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing a new purchase, the Body Shops "Ionic Clay Mask" from their Seaweed range. It's a clay mask which dries down, helping to clear pores and deep clean your skin while also help dry out breakouts. I was looking for a clay mask to hopefully replace my Soap and Glory "The Fab Pore". While the S&G mask is slightly less drying and leaves your skin softer, the Body Shops mask is a bit more cleansing and your skin feels a deeper cleanse. They both really help with blemishes, I feel as though they work wonders on skin if used once or twice weekly, but be sure to keep your skin incredible hydrated when you remove the mask. 
It comes in a tub with 100ml. I think it will last a very long time. I use about a grape sized amount for my entire face. 
The consistency is a bit strange. If you've ever worked with clay and slip in an art class you'll understand, but it's a bit unique for a clay mask. I feel as though it really has the potential to dry out so make sure you keep the lid tightly screwed on. 
At first application all I noticed was the smell. If you like the scent of seaweed, this won't be an issue. It's bearable, but certainly not my favourite smell. Soap and Glory wins for scent- but that's entirely personal preference. 
The mask dries quite quickly. The Soap and Glory mask takes a lot longer to dry, and I feel as though I can't wait for it to dry completely. This mask dries very quickly, and it's very obvious when to remove it. It feels very tight on the skin and a good way to test is to try smiling- it should be difficult! 
Here's the mask right before removal. It dried entirely and what was pretty neat (and gross) was that you could see where the mask had drawn out dirt from your pores. It's oddly satisfying and quite noticeable once it has been washed off. 

Overall, I think this mask is a great choice for people who suffer from breakouts or an uneven skin surface. It really provided me with a deep clean and I saw noticeable and immediate results around my nose and cheeks. I definitely recommend following up with an oil or heavy moisturizer to help retain some moisture- otherwise this mask would be incredibly drying. 

I hope you enjoyed this review! Thanks for reading! 

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment