Monday 1 December 2014

Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" Giftset Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm going to be reviewing a giftset I've purchased for the past 3 years. It's always a great value, comes with some excellent products and is a great way to try some brands or colours you never usually would. The past two years (2012, 2013) have featured lip products from Laura Mercier, Bite Beauty, Hourglass, Smashbox, NARS, Buxom and many more. So far, there have been no duplicates in these giftsets, something I am always so pleased with. This year didn't include a product from Laura Mercier (which is a shame because her glosses are incredible!) and there is nothing from Hourglass.
 The packaging is similar to what it usually is. This year it retailed for $30CDN with a value of over $100
 You get six products, including one full size. I like the deluxe samples though- they're a great size for lip products because I find it hard to use up a full size anyway!
 The first product is a full-size lipgloss from Smashbox in the shade Pout. Online it is made to look like a pale pink, when in reality it's more of a nude shade with a slight pink tone.
 My lips were quite red (lots of trying on lipsticks) so they don't pick up the paleness of the colour quite as well as if your lips were normal and hadn't been abused by matte lip colours beforehand. 
 It has a very glossy finish and a nice formula that isn't too sticky. I think it would be a great shade to put over any lip colour to add a bit of gloss.
 Next is a very cute mini Urban Decay lipstick in the shade Naked.
 It's basically a "your lips but better" shade, a very creamy formula with great pigmentation.
 I wore this to IMATS and found that it lasted really well- and was very moisturizing.
The next lip product is probably one of my favourites. It's the Buxom lip cream in the shade White Russian. 
 Again- my lips had seen better days, so I should note this shade is a bit paler in person.
 What I really loved about this gloss is the plumping effect and minty smell/taste. It's incredibly cooling and refreshing, but don't wear it in the snow! (Did it, wouldn't recommend!)
 The next product is one I was very excited for: Marc Jacobs lipgloss in Kissability.
 This gloss was probably the closest to my natural lip colour, and I liked that because it was more of a purple mauve in comparison to a peachy nude. 
 To be honest, I really prefer the formula of the Buxom and Smashbox lipgloss but I think the Marc Jacobs gloss doesn't feel as nice because of the glitter in the gloss.
 Next up is a lipgloss by NARS in the shade Orgasm.
 This gloss was definitely the most interesting. It is identical to the blush shade and the peachy pink with gold sparkles is nothing like I've ever seen before in a lipgloss. 
 No picture will be able to do this gloss justice- it is so sparkly without being glittery, and creates such a unique, beautiful colour on the lips. (Expect a post just on this gloss and the co-ordinating Orgasm blush)
 Finally we have the High Pigment lip pencil in the shade Meritage by Bite Beauty.
 The shade is a more red/pink version of Rhubarb by Bite, and it's a really pretty colour. I think it works well in the fall and winter because it has some colour, but isn't too bright.
The finish is a bit glossy, but after wearing it for a while it becomes more of a satin finish.

Overall, I am really pleased with this giftset. I found it to have very good value and contained some excellent shades and formulas in great sizes! I will definitely be repurchasing this next year!!

I hope you enjoyed this post!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment