Tuesday 30 December 2014

New Years Eve Makeup Look 2014

Hey everyone,

The New Year is almost here and I'm getting pretty excited for it! I've got lots of fun new things planned for the blog, (bringing back Mani Monday?!) and generally trying to put out some better, higher quality posts for you all to read! Here's a tutorial on a NYE makeup look with three different options for lips! I hope you enjoy!

 I began by using the MakeUpForEver HD Foundation in the shade 115
 I used a cool toned eyeshadow on an angled brush to fill in my brows
 I only used eyeshadows from the Naked palette by Urban Decay, beginning with Half Baked
 I took it all over the lid
 I then used the shade Virgin
 I applied it to the inner corner and brow bone to highlight
 I then used the shade Buck
 Which I used in the crease of the eye to add some depth and warmth 
 I took the deeper, sparkly shade Smog
 And gently pressed it into the outer corner of my eye to add some depth but to keep the glitter in place
 Finally I took a mixture of Hustle and Creep in the outer corner to smoke it out a bit



 I added a fair concealer to highlight under the eyes

 I thought this made the eye look a bit too bold so I added some colour back into my face
 To do that I added some bronzer by Tarte into the hollows of my cheeks and around my hairline


 I also added NARS Orgasm to the apples of my cheeks
 The first candidate for lips was Bite Beauty's Aubergine


 The second option was a bright, glossy red from GOSH



 And finally a shimmery gloss by Bobbi Brown- I think this one was my favourite



I tied my hair back so you can better see the contouring and blush

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and have a wonderful New Years celebration, whatever you're doing!!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment