Sunday 28 December 2014

MakeUpForEver HD Foundation Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing the MakeUpForEver HD Foundation. I purchased this product in late November at IMATS in Toronto. I had wanted this foundation for a really long time for a few reasons. Firstly, the shade selection is excellent. I also heard great things about the coverage and how buildable it is.

 The packaging is one of my favourite things about the product. It isn't in a glass bottle, it has a pump and is perfect for throwing in your makeup bag or travelling with.
 It comes in 30ml bottles and retails for $49.00 CDN
 I have the shade 115, a perfect match for my skin!
 And a shot of the wonderful pump! Why don't all foundations have pumps!
 A glamorous 'before' shot
 The consistency is quite liquid-y, but isn't watery. 
 First coat
 I find that it doesn't cover problem areas as well as some other foundations.
 It does a great job of evening out the skintone, and covers dark circles pretty nicely too.

 I applied a second coat over some problem areas which did a good job of covering blemishes. (Notice the dry skin around my nose looking more obvious though)
 But this foundation has a terrible white cast in flash photography! I was so disappointed when I took this picture, not just because it's horrendous, but also because it's such an expensive foundation I feel like it should perform better in flash photography. 
 After adding some brows and a bit of contour I think it looks a lot more natural and less 'flat'
Other than the flash photo test, I really like this foundation!

I would say it has a medium coverage but is buildable.
The finish is a nice satin, not too matte and not too glowy.
I think it works better on smooth skin, it can stick to dry patches or bumpy areas of the face
Works really well blended with a brush or a sponge
Doesn't take too much product for good coverage, usually around 3 pumps for the whole face

Overall, I really like this foundation and I think it's a great everyday option.

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment