Friday 5 December 2014

My Top 10 YouTube Beauty Channels of 2014

Hey everyone,

Last year I wrote a post titled "My Top 10 YouTube Beauty Channels of 2013" which mentioned my favourite YouTubers (beauty related), why I liked them and I essentially ranked them from 1-10. Looking back, ranking might be a bit of a cruel route to take so this year I'm just throwing together a list of ten more, in no particular order. I've linked above to last years post, and I haven't repeated any favourites from last year, but just so you know, last year included:

1) Sam and Nic Chapman from Pixiwoo
2) Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup
3) Tanya Burr
4) Ruth from AModelRecommends
5) Estee from EssieButton 
6) Tiffany from MakeupByTiffanyD
7) FleurDeForce
8) Sammi from Beauty Crush
9) Gemma from GemsMaquillage
10) Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter

These ten lovely ladies are certainly still favourites of mine, and still create wonderful videos I watch regularly! Here are my favourites from this year!

1) Shaaanxo
 I don't know how I could have possibly missed this YouTube superstar. Shannon from Shaaanxo is an incredible makeup artist from New Zealand and creates the best tutorials. She ranges from Halloween looks to everyday makeup, and also does incredible reviews. Her bubbly personality is contagious and her honesty makes her recommendations that much more tempting.

2) Amelia Liana
 Amelia Liana is a British blogger and YouTuber who has some of the best videos I've seen this year. Not only does she have the hair of a mythical goddess, but she seems so down to earth! Her videos range from tutorials, favourites, skincare routines and even videos about periods, pampering and her adorable puppy. She seems like one of the most glamorous people with recommendations often being in the higher end of a price range, but she's always on the look out for cheaper alternatives and I love watching her videos!

3) itsjudytime
 Judy from itsjudytime has the best reviews for products hands down. When she does lip product reviews she purchases the whole line and swatches them each individually on her lips. One of my last posts was a Sephora "Give Me Some Lip" review and I know from doing 6 lip swatches what a pain it can be- but she consistently does this which gives viewers a really honest review with the evidence right in front of you. Her lip swatches are nothing, however, compared to her foundation reviews. Judy tests them for an entire day while updating so we get an insight into coverage, formula, stay and longevity of a product. She does a flash photography test, regular updates and is very honest about her opinion. I also love her vlog channel where she daily vlogs with her husband and super cute kids!

4) Caroline Hirons
 Caroline Hirons is someone frequently mentioned on my blog because of her blog- a skincare addicts Bible. This year she launched a YouTube channel and it's great- her personality is quite similar to my mother/teachers I have had in the past, but she also has a hilarious sense of humour. She reviews skincare from every price range, and although a lot of what she recommends is at the higher end of the price range, she also raves about lots of products that are easily available and at a reasonable price. She doesn't focus on one particular skin type either- she ranges from anti-aging to acne and everything in-between. Her blog is also fantastic and her cheat sheets make skincare incredibly easy!

5) Lily Pebbles
 Lily Pebbles is another British based YouTuber closely related to Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup. It's through Anna that I found Lily, and despite watching her for a short amount of time last year she still made a runners-up list because I felt so terrible for leaving her out of my top 10! This year is different though, and I want to mention Lily because not only is she funny and also stunning, but she isn't too over-the-top giggly or bubbly on camera, which I really like. She reviews products available at the drugstore and from a higher-end budget, and always makes everything seem so effortless. She also does some great vlogs and has an incredible sense of style!

6) Lisa Eldridge
 Lisa Eldridge is a celebrity makeup artist who creates makeup looks either on herself or on models. She has an incredibly soothing voice (in my opinion) and what she can do with makeup constantly amazes me. You can instantly tell she is a professional, both in the way she talks and in the techniques that she uses, but she never comes off as stuck-up or overbearing. Instead, she is like a very glamorous teacher who I love listening to and taking tips from. Definitely one to watch if you're looking for lots of slow-paced, wearable makeup looks.

7) Sharon Farrell
 Sharon is an Irish lady who lives in Australia. This is great for lots of reasons, but mainly because of her wonderful accent and sense of humour. She is a legit makeup artist and it shows. She seems so down to earth and lovely, but I particularly like her because she is incredibly fair like myself, and I find her tips and tricks especially useful. She ranges from wearable everyday makeup looks to much crazier bright looks which she all manages to pull off completely. I find her videos professional and light-hearted and it's like listening to a friend tell you how to wear neon purple with yellow eyeshadow.

8) Lucy and Lydia
 Lucy and Lydia are based out of Norwich in the UK, where I was born and raised. There channel is a mixture of beauty, fashion and lifestyle posts which are easy to learn from while still being fun and really cute! Their bubbly personalities make them so unique in comparison to other YouTubers and I think it is what has helped with their success today. They are honest, funny and can make even the most boring tutorial entertaining. I actually knew these girls when we were about 5 years old and also for a couple of years before I moved out to Canada, and although we weren't the closest of friends at the time, I can say that they are just as lovely in person as they appear in their videos!

9) RachhLoves
Rach from RachhLoves is a Canadian (woo!) YouTuber who does videos on lifestyle, fashion and beauty. She mainly focuses on fashion and beauty which I love! Her friendly personality comes off on screen and she is one of the YouTubers I'd love to meet. (Missed her at IMATS for some reason and still kicking myself!) Her videos are really drugstore oriented which is so nice, and as she's based in Canada it makes it really easy to find products that she talks about. She's got a great sense of humour and it makes her even better to watch. I feel as though she is sponsored for some of her videos, but she always comes off as honest and somebody I can trust when looking for new beauty products.

10) GlamLifeGuru
Tati from GlamLifeGuru is a California makeup lover without being too over the top cheesy, annoying or fake. She gives some of the best reviews and her Tip Tuesday videos are awesome! Her frequent uploads make her a favourite of mine because it's almost a guarantee that when I'm bored she will have posted something new. The reviews she does are often on very new releases and she doesn't miss a thing. Her Hot or Not videos are also great- she tries so much that ranking products or making comparisons is no big deal for her, and keeps beauty lovers both envious and engaged. She is incredibly charming and again- the hair of a goddess! I love checking out the videos she uploads and I feel like I learn something new every time I watch.

Thanks for reading, I hope you liked this review!
Feel free to hook me up with some other great beauty YouTubers, I would love to find some new people to watch!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment