Saturday 8 November 2014

The Liebster Award Tag

Hey everyone,

So on the 25th of October I was tagged by Brooke Elise Beauty to do the "Liebster Award", something I had never heard of but happy to be a part of! Essentially, it's 11 questions that Brooke asked me and then when I'm done answering I ask another 11 questions to other bloggers. It's supposed to be kept for bloggers under 200 twitter followers, but I really don't know that many, so I'm just going to tag some other beauty lovers I know and see what they say! Alright, so here we go!


1) What made you get into beauty blogging?
My friend Gracie and I at a vintage fashion show- thinking we were very sophisticated! 

I've loved makeup since a very young age and I needed a hobby during my first year of university. When I lived in my own place for my second year it really took off with blog posts going up every other day. I've always loved makeovers and fashion, and it probably started with being interested in art. Now that makeup is being considered more and more of an art I've started experimenting more with that. It's definitely my favourite medium!

2) What's your holy grail eyeshadow palette and why?
Urban Decay's Naked Palette

I have to say the original Naked palette by Urban Decay. I bought all three recently and expected to like Naked2 the most, but I use the Naked palette almost every day. I know it's a popular one, but I think so for good reason. It has a great array of neutrals and some smokier colours too. 


3) Do you prefer drugstore/high street or high end/luxury makeup?

I'm going to be super lame and say high end. I find I have very difficult skin to contend with and high end products do much better on my skin and keep it looking okay for a decent amount of time. Also I find high end eyeshadows to be much better quality. Something I think I prefer from the drugstore has got to be lip products and mascara! 


4) What was the last show you marathoned on Netflix?

The last show I marathoned on Netflix was actually "Wildest Arctic", a documentary. I usually try to keep a comedy, serious show and documentary on the go all the time, and it just so happened that I was in a documentary mood recently. For comedy though, I've recently re-watched The Office, probably one of my all time faves!

5) Favourite dessert?

I think my favourite dessert has to be either Key Lime Pie or Lemon Meringue. I love citrus desserts, although I do have to stay away being a Type 1 Diabetic! 

6) Favourite vacation spot?

I'm not sure if I've found a favourite yet. I have an awesome trip in the making for next May where I intend to travel back home to the UK, and also to Paris and Ireland. I did have an awesome time at Disney World in February and Chicago in August though!

7) What is your fondest fall memory?

I'm not too sure. Halloween is always a great time! Last year my friends and I dressed up as the characters from The Wizard of Oz and I spent my time holding the Tin Mans hair when she got sick, and tucking the Cowardly Lion into bed, but it's something we all laugh about now. 

8) Who do you look up to?
Cara Delevingne and Charlotte Tilbury

As far as beauty bloggers and people in the beauty industry, I really admire Caroline Hirons for her honesty, Sophia Amoruso for her book #GIRLBOSS (and everything in it), and recently, Charlotte Tilbury for launching an incredibly successful makeup range and pulling out all the stops! Her Instagram looked amazing during her US launch- everything was done so flawlessly!
For people I actually know, I'd have to say my Mum for being so supportive and my boyfriend for being the only person I know who knows exactly what he wants to do and works really hard to achieve it. Also because he is incredibly supportive of my blog and constructively criticizing my makeup looks and photos etc.

9) Baths or showers? Why?

I always used to say baths, but over the past year I'd say showers. They're more convenient and I feel a lot cleaner afterwards! Baths are something I'll probably get back into as it gets colder and I stock up on more LUSH products! 

10) What's your favourite element of makeup?

I love the transformation and the confidence I get from applying it! I think makeup is an art, and I love just being a total dork and trying out something crazy. Just last night I covered my face in blue eyeshadow and tried creating an alien look- not for the blog- just for myself. 

11) What are your other hobbies?
My puppies, Sid and Lucy

Reading other blogs, watching beauty gurus on YouTube and reading articles about the beauty industry. On a more serious note, my hobbies also include drinking tea, harassing my dogs and listening to Beyonce on repeat. When I'm a bit richer I hope they include more blogging, travelling and most likely more pets.

My 11 questions will be...

1) Favourite mascara?
2) What do you spend more on, skin care or makeup?
3) What were you for Halloween and why?
4) Waterproof or regular and why?
5) Lipstick, Gloss or Balm?
6) Product you've been admiring but cannot justify and why?
7) Favourite high-end and drugstore makeup brand?
8) Do you prefer reading blogposts or watching YouTube videos and why?
9) Holy Grail makeup item and why?
10) Best skincare tip!
11) Matte or sparkly eyeshadows and why?

I'm going to tag:

Miss Jessica Beauty
Grace - Surreal Beauty G
Anna- Country Mousie
Louise Bennalick

...and to be honest that's all I could think of! Some have less than 200 followers, some have more, but I'm intrigued to hear their responses! Enjoy ladies!

Thanks for reading! 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment