Monday 10 November 2014

Covergirl Exact Eyelights Mascara Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing a mascara I found on sale a while back but was too nervous to try in the Summer. Usually during the summer months my mascara can smudge which is why I would usually purchase a waterproof formula. I waited to try this because I wanted to give it a good in-depth review and keep it on all day to see how it wears and what it's like. Enjoy!
 I'm not sure why this formula was only $2.00- I wonder if it's being discontinued? I bought it for all three eye colours marketed (green, blue and brown). 
 This particular mascara is designed for people with green eyes, like myself.
 It intends to be "eye brightening, with 'no-clump' technology, designed to further compliment your eye colour".
 Before.
 The packaging is very cheap and simple. It's just a white tube with the name printed in silver, nothing special, but works fine!
 The brush is quite a typical shape with plastic bristles. I was mainly shocked by the colour. When I read that it was called "black ruby", I expected more black than ruby. I was nervous, thinking I'd be painting red onto my eyelashes but it looks much darker on your eyes.
 One eye with mascara, one without.
 Both with mascara.
 This helps to show that it was thickening at the roots and lengthening, and also that my eyes do look rather green.
 I didn't curl my lashes, but this mascara makes them look quite curled and helped them to stay that way all day.
 Close up on my left eye.
 And my right eye.
Here's a shot from about 8 hours later! My lashes had lost a bit of length and volume but nothing too dramatic at all! 

There was nothing special about this mascara. I prefer a more black shade, but this is great for no-makeup days or when you want a less dramatic eye look. I did find that it wore well and continued to look nice, but it doesn't give me the length I usually get from other mascaras. I might repurchase this if I need a coloured mascara, but otherwise I think I'll stick to my black shades!

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment