Tuesday 25 November 2014

Suncoat Natural Mascara Review

Hey everyone,

I've recently been trying the Suncoat Natural mascara. It's sugar based, made in Canada and comes in pretty simple packaging with a decent looking wand. Here's my review!
 As I mentioned before, the packaging is very simple but quite small and easy to travel with.
 When I saw that it was sugar-based I got pretty excited!
 I love that it's made in Canada, and based out of Guelph which is pretty close to where I am!
 The wand seemed to be very large in comparison to the tube, but I was excited to try it out.
 It's just a regular old-school mascara wand with bristles. 
 Here is application on the left and natural on the right.
 Here is application on both eyes.
 Close up of left eye.
 Close up of right eye.
 About 2 hours later I noticed some serious flaking.
 It had settled into the lines under my eyes.
 Later in the evening I noticed it had gotten even worse.
Not only had it not held up on my lashes for length, volume or curl, it also just didn't want to stay on my lashes at all. I found this mascara to be incredibly sticky (when you closed your eyes you could feel your lashes sticking- and it never really felt like it had set), I also found that it didn't do much for my lashes at all. I understand that some mascaras are not supposed to be full-on, false-effect lashes, but even for a more natural looking lash I think it wasn't really doing anything. I found the formula didn't want to collect on the wand and I had to apply several layers (which did nothing), and then it just made my lashes feel even stickier! The fallout also sucks, I was lucky I didn't leave the house or that I didn't have a full face of makeup on.

Overall, I would not recommend this mascara. I like the concept of a local, natural mascara but this just didn't do anything for me!

I hope you enjoyed this review,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment