Saturday 4 October 2014

Urban Decay Naked2 Palette Review

Hey everyone,

So as I mentioned in my original Naked palette post, I know these have been around for a while, and I know these are favourites of many makeup lovers out there. But because they're so great, and because I love them, I think it deserves a spot on meganthomasmakeup. Naked2 was the extremely hyped release from Urban Decay following the cult fave original Naked palette. Naked2 has more cool-toned colours, which I think is excellent because it gives people with different complexions some different neutral options, but it still has a lot to offer just by itself. There is one repeat shade in both Naked and Naked2. This is only slightly irritating because the shade is popular and a beautiful colour, but I think it could have done without the repeat. Naked3 (post to follow) has all original shades, and I think if there is ever a Naked4 it will repeat as such. Anyway, I do really love this palette, I think it ha the option of creating a beautiful, cool neutral smokey eye, while still having some warmer, pale tones perfect for everyday wear. Out of all three Naked palettes, I think this one is the best for a day-to-night transition.
  "The most anticipated sequel of the decade. Naked2 has 12 pigment-rich, taupe and greige neutral eyeshadows. Our palette proves once again, neutral is anything but boring, (and is downright sexy when worn Naked). Feast your eyes on our shades ranging from pale to deep, matte to sparkly. This collection lets you achieve lots of neutral looks, smoky dramatic eyes, and everything in between."
 The packaging of Naked2 is much better than Naked1 in my opinion. It keeps much cleaner, and although it's a bit bulky, I think it's a much better option for travel. The mirror in the Naked2 and Naked3 palettes fill the entire lid, which is perfect for on-the-go application. It comes in a taupe, cool-toned casing to match the eyeshadows inside, something I really like. 
 This palette came with the same double ended brush I received in all of the Naked palettes. The original Naked2 palette had a slightly different dual-ended brush with a crease brush and more dense brush for packing on the colour. Both brushes seem good, but I do wish they had kept the original in Naked2 because it's just a different brush to try. (I'm sure they had a good reason for updating it though!)
 Inside of the casing are 12 cool-toned shades. The first 4 are a little more warm, but the theme of the palette are greige and taupe shades, something it does live up to. 
 The first four shades: Foxy (matte pale yellow shade), Half Baked (bright metallic gold shimmer also seen in Naked1), Booty Call (pale gold shimmer), and Chopper (pink based shimmer with some glitter running through it). 
 The second 4 shades: Tease (a perfect taupe blending colour), Snakebite (deep taupe shimmer), Suspect (perfect all-over shimmery taupe shadow), and Pistol (classic shimmery grey shade).
The final 4 shades: Verve (pigmented pale silver colour), YDK (warmer taupes shimmer with hints of pink), and Blackout (very pigmented matte black).

Overall, I'm very impressed with Naked2. I think it does get some criticism of being too similar to the original Naked palette, but I think it gives me a lot more eyeshadow options and can create a wide variety of looks. As I mentioned before, I think Naked2 can create a really nice day-to-night transition, from using the first half of the palette during the day, and the second half to either smoke out and existing look, or to start from scratch with. My favourite 3 shades are: Tease, the perfect taupe crease colour which would blend all of these shades out beautifully, Snakebite, a beautiful taupe shade that makes any eye look even better, but still looks great alone, and Blackout, an essential matte black eyeshadow, which can be worn as an eyeliner, to create shadows or to matte down a previous eyeliner you're already wearing. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment