Monday 6 October 2014

Rimmel London's "Colour Rush" Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm reviewing Rimmel London's "Colour Rush" Lasting Intense Balm's. I saw these in store and thought they were relatively new, but they're in the wall displays for Rimmel so I assume they would be easy enough to find in Canada. I bought three shades, and after playing around with them for a bit it's safe to say Rimmel have done it again! The launches Rimmel have had in the past two years have been fantastic, from Wake Me Up to Apocalips and more, I'm consistently impressed with their products. I've heard rumours of some new lip launches from beauty blogger's across the pond, but I can't confirm anything for Canada. Anyway, here's my review!
 The packaging is what you'd expect from a tinted lipbalm, a Chubby Stick-esque design that works well for these kind of products. I like how each balm is packaged with it's colour, it makes them easier to find. 
 The first colour is 110 Make Me Blush, a very pretty nude pink. It's more pink than nude, and I like that because I wanted a nice everyday colour.
 On the lips it looks quite pale, but I actually really like this. I think it's great to pair with any eye makeup, and I think the blue tones really help to make your teeth look whiter. 
 The colour 130 I Want Candy! is a very bright, fuchsia pink with blue undertones. It's almost neon, but I think this definitely an upcoming trend, and something we've seen a lot over the past year or so. 
 The blue, again, helps make your teeth look whiter, and I think this adds a really nice pop of colour without being too over the top. 
The third shade I bought was 120 All You Need Is Pink, a raspberry jam type shade that looks like a really nice autumnal shade in natural daylight, and somehow transforms into an orange-toned red in darker indoor lighting. Something I actually really like! I would have never opted for an orange-toned anything, but since I've seen this balm I'm definitely going back to buy some more orange ones. 
 It's really pigmented and I think it's a great everyday option for some colour because of the glossy finish and balm texture. 
 Here are the swatches, from L to R we have 110, 130 and 120.
Immediately wiping this off we see some stain, which illustrates its excellent lasting power. It's not long-lasting by any means, but for a balm I was really impressed. I think it's an excellent product that I will be looking to find more of. I think it makes a great addition to any makeup collection, and something that is a good starter for anyone just becoming interested in more vivid lip shades. 

I hope you enjoyed this review! Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment