Wednesday 8 October 2014

FOTD 9: Autumnal Makeup Tutorial

Hey everyone,

Just a quick intro today, it's another Face of the Day with some cranberry based eyes and a neutral mauve lip. I hope you enjoy!
 I used the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer to prime my skin
 I then used Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation in the colour 51
 To conceal any blemishes I used MAC's Studio Finish concealer in the shade NW20
 To conceal any dark under eye circles I used Benefit's Erase Paste in the shade 02 Medium
 My very red 'before' shot
 And concealed 'after' shot
 To set my foundation and concealer I used Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in the shade Dim Light
 I contoured my face with NARS Olympia Contour Kit
 For blush I used Dior's Diorskin Nude Shimmer in the rose shade on the apples of my cheeks
 And to highlight I used LancĂ´me's "Moonlight Rose" on the tops of my cheekbones
 Here is a shot of my face with a bit more dimension and slightly better looking skin
 I used my trusty Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Taupe to fill in my eyebrows
 I added Rimmel's Scandaleyes Eye Kohl in Nude to line my lower waterline
 And then set my brows with a clear brow gel
 Woo! I have brows!
 To begin the eyeshadow look I used YSL's eye quad in the shade #7. I only used the cranberry shade in the lower right of the palette
 I took this all over my eyelid and under my eye
 I then took the shade Naked from the Naked palette from Urban Decay
 I blended that with Buck from the same palette to blend in my crease
 It helped to tone down the redness of the eyeshadow prior while still adding warmth

 I then took Sin from the Urban Decay Naked palette over the front half of my eyelid
 I used the shade Virgin as an under brow highlight and inner corner highlight

 I used MAC's Prunella eyeliner on my upper and lower lashline to add some definition
 I blended it out to soften the colour
 Here's a close up
 And here you can see how I blended it
 I curled my lashes using my Tweezerman eyelash curlers, and then I layered the Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum mascara and the Dior Addict It-Lash mascara
 I wanted to apply a generous amount to my upper and lower lashes for a smokey eye look
 Here's a close up
 A close up on both eyes
 For my lips I used Rimmel's Colour Rush tinted lip balm in the shade Make Me Blush
 Here's a full face makeup shot
 Eye makeup shot
And a little smile shot to end things off!

Sorry this post included so many pictures and so little commentary. Believe it or not, these posts are the hardest to write and most time consuming so I hope you enjoy it. 

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment