Tuesday 14 October 2014

L'Oreal "Collection Privée" Nude Lipstick Review

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing about a recent purchase from Target, the L'Oreal Collection Privee nude lipstick range inspired by their spokeswomen. There are six shades to choose from, each inspired by a different woman. I chose two of the shades, from Julianne Moore in "Barely Peach" and the other from Doutzen Kroes in "Barely Pink". I probably would have chosen some more shades if there were more available, but I think it's been quite a popular release with some hard to find shades. Luckily, they've also released a Collection Privee selection of red lip colours form some of the same ladies, and a couple of new spokeswomen too- so there's always that to look forward to!
 Firstly, I think the packaging is really beautiful! It looks quite expensive for a drugstore launch and has that same matte black packaging you'd see with more expensive brands like NARS. 
 I like that the stickers show the shades of lipstick and that the name and number is also printed very clearly, it makes it easier to find in your collection- especially if you have multiples from the same collection.
 Doutzen's nude is a very pale pink. It's quite sheer and glossy and works well for a nice everyday lip. It might be too pale for some complexions, but I think on pale skin it would look very pretty!
 This is a bit of a poor swatch, but it's so pale it's quite hard to photograph. You can see the glossy finish and the very pale colour. I think it would make a lovely spring/summer shade!
 Next up is Julianne's nude, a slightly deeper, peachier pink. This is more of my everyday lip because although I'm pale my lips are quite dark. It's quite a warm shade and I think this is an excellent nude for the colder months, and it would pair very well with any eye look!
Here are the comparison swatches. I think Julianne's nude is slightly more pigmented, while they both have the same glossy formula. They aren't the longest lasting lipsticks in the world, but apply very nicely and don't leave your lips feeling dry. If you don't mind reapplying I think this range is great for anybody who wants an easy nude lip to wear, and it's nice to have a variety for different skin tones in the range. 

I hope you enjoyed this review, thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment