Saturday 18 October 2014

Halloween Series: Vampire Inspired Makeup Tutorial

Hey everyone,

This is my second instalment of my Makeup By Megan T Halloween Series. If you missed my last one, I did a Cleopatra inspired tutorial so feel free to check it out! Today I'm doing a sort of glamorous vampire look, not my favourite since it was 1am and I was a bit delirious, but I thought I'd post it anyway. All of these looks are just guidelines, feel free to make them more wearable or to add a bucket of fake blood, whatever you go for at Halloween! I hope you enjoy!
 I used very limited face products for this look, because of lot of the products I used on my face were actually eyeshadows. I used Rimmel's "Stay Matte" foundation in 091 Light Ivory as a base and then set it with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I used MAC's Studio Finish concealer in NW15 to add some extra pale-ness to my skin.
 I took the shade Crave from the Naked Basics palette to colour in my brows. I also used the shade Naked2 from this palette to help contour my cheeks.
 I used a deep purple in the crease of my eye and smoked it out with a black shadow.
 I used my L'Oreal liquid liner and a lengthening mascara by Benefit.
 For my lips I used MAC's Russian Red, but I also added a layer of Givenchy's Black Plum to deepen the colour.
 Here is my face with the base already done, and a bit of contouring too.
 I added some more contouring to try and give myself some sunken cheekbones.
 I then pencilled in some eyebrows slightly higher than my own. If I were to re-create this look I think I would just keep the brows closer to my own- covering up my actual brows underneath called for some heavy duty professional makeup which unfortunately I don't own. 
 I added a bit of a smokey purple/black in my crease.
 I winged it out a bit for a more glamorous look.
 Then I added some liner.
 You can see my real brows underneath- something I wasn't too happy with.
 After adding some lashes I think the eye look was complete!
 I outlined my lips with a lipbrush and tried to make my cupids bow even more pointy for a vampire-ish look. 
 Here is the finished makeup with a bright red lip.
 I like the grey-tinge the black shadow gave my cheekbones.
 Here's a closer up look of the eye makeup. I didn't want it to look too perfect, it was actually quite simple. 
 Here's the lip colour up close. I chose a matte shade for extra glamour!

 I then deepened the lip colour with a plum-toned lipstick.

Here is the end result! I hope you enjoyed it!

Happy Halloween!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment