Monday 20 October 2014

Halloween Series: Elsa from Frozen Makeup Tutorial

Hey everyone,

This a re-post from a previous post, but I think Elsa from Frozen will be a popular costume choice- so here is a tutorial I did! It features mostly drugstore purchases so I think it's a pretty easy look to recreate! Enjoy!
 I applied my palest foundation (Revlon's Colourstay in Ivory) with a Beauty Blender for a flawless, full-coverage base.
 I even applied it on my eyelids, over my brows and lips to create a blank canvas.
 Elsa's brows are quite strong, thin and there isn't too much of an arch.
 My brows are different from each other, but she always has one raised in pictures so I figured it didn't matter!
 Here's a close up.
 Then I used three Quo 'Electric Eyes' pencils for my eyeshadow.
 To begin I used the darkest purple all over my lid and up into the crease.
 I applied more at the lashline and outer corner.
 And I also applied a little under my eye.
 Then I took the pink shade up to my brows and the iridescent shade on the centre of the eyelid to add some gloss.
 This is what it looked like with my eyes open.
 Elsa is animated, so she has different proportions to a normal human. I used Rimmel's 'Scandaleyes' eye pencils in nude and black to make my eyes look rounder and more open.
 The black was smudged under my eyes and on my upper lashline.
 It helped thicken my lashes and make them appear fuller.
 The nude shade opened my eyes up. The black liner was linked from upper to lower lashes in a rounded way to create more cartoon-ish eyes.
 My eyelashes needed to be curled, and then I layered L'Oreal's Voluminious Original mascara in black over my lashes.
 This is the finished eye look. I think it really helped to open my eyes.
 Closed eye shot.
 Close up open eye shot.
 I used cream products before powdering, so I used Benefit's 'Watts Up' cream highlighter on the high points of my cheeks and Maybelline's 'Master Glaze' cream blush on the apples of my cheeks.
 I wanted it to create a frosty glow (because it's Frozen, obviously!) and I think cream products also create a youthful, glowy effect on the skin.
 Cheek close up.
 I then took Maybellie's "Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle" concealer to brighten the undereye area and create an even paler base.
 You can see it really makes a difference under the eyes and helps make your eye makeup stand out.
 I then powdered my T-Zone with Bourjois "Mineral Radiance" powder in 01 Rose because it had that pink undertone Elsa has.
 Instead of bronzing I used Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in "Exposed" a rosy brown shade. I just applied this to my temples and the outer half of my cheek bones.
 I also dusted a bit of Tarte's "Exposed" on the tip of my nose for a wintery effect!
 I used Givenchy's "Black Plum" lipstick all over my lips for the perfect Elsa lip!
 Here's the finished look!
 I also braided my hair Elsa style.
 And belted out "Let It Go" while removing the makeup, of course.

 This shot helps show the blush all over the center of my face, creating that "I've just walked in the snow for 20 minutes" type of glow.

I hope you enjoyed this makeup tutorial! Let me know if you have any other requests or would like to see similar posts!
Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment