Sunday 26 October 2014

Halloween Series: Sugar Skull Makeup Tutorial

Hey everyone,

Today's Halloween Series has got to be my favourite so far. I decided to recreate a Sugar Skull look, something that has been very popular recently! I hope you enjoy this look, thanks for reading!
 For my foundation I used a dark foundation (Max Factor's Lasting Performance) and a lighter one to highlight my face (Rimmel Stay Matte)
 Here's the dark foundation.
 The placement of the lighter foundation.
 And both foundations blended together.
 I then took a matte black eyeshadow. This one is by Smashbox, but you can use any shadow you want!
 I started by putting this all round my eye, roughly where the eye socket is. 
 I then brought it a little lower down my face.
 I had to include this picture because it's hilarious.... but I also used an angle brush with the same eyeshadow for some more detailed parts.
 I coloured underneath my nose and brought it up to a point as central as i could (I have a bit of a wonky nose and jaw).
 Once it had been coloured in, I added a little diamond on my cupids bow. 
 I then added the little eyebrows above the eye sockets. I'm not sure if they're really brows, but I added them in anyway. 
 I also added a black line in the hollows of my cheeks and took that all the way down to my lips. 

 And then I added some detail on my chin. You can use whatever shape you like, and spiderwebs are also popular options!

 I then added some more small details on the side of this design. 

 I then took a black eyeliner from Rimmel.
 I used this to create the scalloped edges to the eye socket. 

 I also added another layer to my chin design and tight-lined my left eye. I did one eye so you could see what a difference it makes to have a completely black eye and get rid of the skin colour from the waterline. 

 I added some small dots above the brows and also on top of the flicks by the chin design.
 I then added the skeletal mouth marks, keeping is symmetrical across my whole face. I started in the centre and worked my way outwards, all the way up to my hairline. 
 I then added a little design to my forehead. You can get pretty creative with this and draw whatever you feel like. 
Then you can take a colour of your choice and fill in any gaps! 

 I added it into the chin design, forehead design and the drew on some teardrops under my eyes and just below my cheekbones to incorporate more of the purple shadow. 
 Now for the never-ending selfies...





 I also added some sparkle from a Dior palette in purple and black for a more feminine effect!
I hope you enjoyed reading about this look as much as I did creating it! 

Thanks!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment