Monday 27 October 2014

Halloween Series: Mermaid Inspired Tutorial

Hey everyone,

So today I've created a mermaid tutorial because I was in the mood for a more girly makeup look, and I'm actually going to be re-creating it for a friend on Friday! I thought it would be good practice and a good way to experiment before actually doing it for someone else. Anyway, I hope you enjoy!
 To begin I used Covergirl's "Ready, Set, Gorgeous" foundation in the shade 105

 I then used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk in my waterline and under my eye to create a wide-eyed look.

 I then took L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeshadow in the shade Endless Sea all over my lid.

 I also dragged it out across my temple.
 I used a bigger brush to use it around the edges of my forehead also.
 I then used a Dior shadow in a deep blue colour to contour my eyelid, and I dragged some more teal under the white eye pencil.

 I added some sparkly white from the same Dior palette in my inner corner.

 I used Almay's eyeliner in a deep purple shade to line underneath the white of my eye. I dragged it all the way out to my temple.

 I then took Stila's Stay All Day liquid liner in Cobalt to add some scales along my hairline. 

 I also took some of the Almay liner to add some purple scales.
 I then used a sparkly purple shade to blend into my hairline and to contour my nose. I also took it under my eye to make the eyeliner line less harsh.

 I also took a matte purple shade to contour my cheekbones.


 I then used a champagne rose highlight by Lancome on the tops of my cheekbones, the bridge of my nose and onto my chin.

 I went back in with my teal shadow to bring the colour into the lower half of my face. I blended it into the contour and along my jawline.

 I added some more scales into the hollows of my cheeks.
 And also used the blue shade.
 I then took a shimmery purple eye crayon from Rimmel and used it as a lipstick.

 I then used my finger to apply a sparkly lilac shade and tapped it onto my lips.

 I used Rimmels Scandaleyes mascara to my lashes. This look would also be perfect for some falsies!

 I decided last minute that I think I should add some white to my scales, so I did!
 Here's how it turned out!




I hope you enjoyed this look, I really enjoyed creating it!

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment