Friday 24 October 2014

Halloween Series: Creepy Ventriloquist Doll Makeup Tutorial

Hey everyone,

For today's instalment of my Halloween Series I'm going to create a creepy, ventriloquist dummy/doll look. My pictures lost all editing again because of computer issues, but I'm hoping it will be fixed before the next Halloween post. Because all of these posts take quite a bit longer to produce with all the product info and step-by-step pictures I haven't had the time to re-edit the pictures I had lost before the posts are due to go up, so I'm very sorry! I hope you all enjoy them nonetheless and let me know what you think!
 For my base, I used Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation. I applied it with a Beauty Blender for a flawless finish. Although I didn't use a matte foundation, I do think a matte finish would look best for this doll like base. 
 To completely get rid of blemishes and redness I used MAC's Studio Finish concealer in the shade NW20. 
 A clear, even base is best for a look like this.
 I then took the same MAC Studio Finish concealer, but in a shade lighter, NW15, to highlight under my eyes and on my cheekbones. Although I want a flat looking base, I thought it should be paler and this just added a more porcelain finish. 

 I then made sure to mattify the entire look with MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Light. I wanted to powder the entire face to get rid of any glow. 
 I used a bright, pale pink blush from Quo on the very apples of my cheeks. I made sure to layer a lot of product on for those artificial, painted cheeks.  

 I then used my Anastasia Brow Wiz to create a thin, rounded brow shape. 
 Ideally, I would erase my brows beforehand but I don't have the makeup to do it. Instead, I just tidied my own brows up and drew the brows overtop. Although it doesn't look perfect, from a distance the brows looked doll-like, and the makeup didn't look out of place on my natural brows in person. 
 I then used the shade Faint from the Naked Basics palette to dot some freckles on my cheeks. 
 I made sure to dot them on very central. I wanted them to be almost symmetrical for that perfect doll-like appearance. 
 I used the same pink blush from cheeks on my eyelids for a pink flush. 

 I then took a black eyeshadow all around my eye to make it appear more rounded. 

 I also took a nude crayon just under my lash line to create a more wide-eyed shape.

 For the lips I used a pink/red lipliner from Essence. I overdrew my lips at the cupids bow for a doll-like pout. I didn't go all the way out to the corner of my lips, instead I ended the lips earlier for a smaller shape. 

 I then took a black liner to draw the jaw on the doll. In retrospect, I would have used tape or something to create a straighter line (I didn't have any at home). I drew it freehand, but if I were to do it again I would have used tape for a perfect line. 

 I then used the very appropriately named Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes mascara on my top and bottom lashes. I made sure to apply lots to the bottom lashes for a doll look. 

 When I thought the mascara wasn't enough, I drew some more lashes with a black eyeshadow under my eyes. 


Here's the finished look! I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment