Thursday 11 September 2014

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick

Hey everyone,

Today I'm writing about a recent Sephora purchase from when I visited Chicago. I went into Sephora and didn't have any purchases planned, of course there are always things I would love to buy, but I tried to be sensible and only picked up two items. This was item number one, Yves Saint Laurent's 'Rouge Volupté Shine' lipstick in the shade "Nude in Private" or #9. Kind of a weird name, but I can't complain because the shade is beautiful.

 Of course, YSL's packaging is flawless. One of the reasons to justify the price...
 The formula is quite balmy, and although it feels lovely on the lips, don't leave it in a hot car!
 The colour is a pretty neutral shade which looks excellent with any eye look or outfit!
YSL describe it as: "An innovative and comforting lipstick enhanced with fruit extracts rich in vitamins and antioxidants that leave lips visibly softer and smoother with up to eight hours of hydration."

I've tried the Rouge Volupté "Silky Sensual Radiant" lipstick in 'Lingerie Pink', and although the formula is incredible and the pigmentation is fantastic, the shade was a bit pale for me (problems with purchasing online), so I thought I'd pick up this different formula and compare the two. The Shine formula is less pigmented and more glossy. It definitely moisturizes a bit more, and smells incredible. The Silky Sensual formula is much more pigmented and while it does have some shine, it isn't as glossy as this formula. The packaging is stunning on both accounts, in fact it's the same packaging, but it's so beautiful I could never complain. Although expensive, I think I will get a lot of wear out of this shade and certainly get my money's worth.

I hope you enjoyed this review and are having a great day!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment