Tuesday 9 September 2014

FOTD 8: Matte Makeup Look

Hey everyone,

Today I'm doing an almost entirely matte makeup look because I think it's incredibly flattering and sophisticated, and sometimes I don't feel like sparkles and glitter. Enjoy!
 I started off by using Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation. It isn't totally matte, but it's not too glowy either. I think it leaves a nice satin finish which could be mattified with powder. I used Rimmel's Stay Matte powder to mattify the skin.
 To cover any redness or blemishes I used MAC's Studio Finish concealer. Again, it's not totally matte, but does matte down with a powder.
 To brighten dark circles, I used Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer. 
 I then filled my brows in with my fave brow product, Anastasia's Brow Wiz in Taupe.
 As an eyeshadow base, I used Urban Decay's "W.O.S" (Walk of Shame I think...) from the Naked Basics palette. 
 I then buffed "Naked" from the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette into the crease of my eye. 
 Also from UD's Naked 1 palette I used Buck in my outer corner and blended in to the crease of my eye. 
 I then took Tease from Urban Decay's Naked 2 palette and blended this in with my crease and eyelid colours to add some dimension and to make it look more evenly blended. 
 Instead of liner, I smudged UD's Crave from the Naked Basics palette. I applied a little bit under my eye to complete the look. I also made sure to go in with a clean brush and blend this out- black eyeshadow can look patchy or too harsh if not blended well. 
 Here is the look in regular indoor lighting.
 You can see there is no shimmer at all!
 In brighter natural lighting the shades look a bit yellow, but in person it was much more neutral. 

 The finished eye look
 I then used a matte bronzer by the Body Shop to add some dimension to my face
And here's the finished look!
I hope you enjoyed this post!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment