Friday 26 September 2014

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review

Hey everyone,

I know that the Urban Decay Naked Palettes have been out for quite a long time. With Naked3 debuting last Winter, and the original Naked Palette dating back to the Summer of 2010! It took me a while to get my hands on it for a few reasons, 1) everyone has already written everything that could be written about the Naked palettes, 2) It's not cheap, it retails for $64.00 on the Canadian Sephora website, 3) I never knew which one would suit me the best out of the three.
"This is a shadow palette EVERYONE can use, and a truly spectacular gift. Experiment with office-appropriate neutrals, summertime bronzy looks, or sultry smokiness. With such a diversity of neutral shades at your fingertips, there's more to neutral than meets the eye."
 The packaging is the one thing about the Naked palettes that annoy me. The second two are great, but this first one gets dirty so quickly with it's velvet-esque casing and dark brown colour. It's not hard to deal with, but when you see how much more convenient Naked 2 and 3 look, I can't help but let it annoy me. 
 All Urban Decay products are cruelty-free, something I will always love and continue to look for in makeup products. 
 The palette itself comes with 12 'neutral' shades. There's a mirror, which is great- but again, Naked2 and 3 have a larger mirror. It came with a double-sided, cruelty-free, synthetic brush which is actually really nice, but I take them out of the palettes and keep them with the rest of my brushes. 
 The first 4 shades: Virgin (pale champagne shimmer), Sin (pink champagne shimmer), Naked (matte light brown) and Sidecar (silvery glitter shade).
 The second 4 shades: Buck (matte warm mid-toned brown), Half Baked (bright gold metallic shimmer), Smog (light pale bronze with a hint of grey) and Darkhorse (deep bronze shimmer).
 The final 4 shades: Toasted (medium pink shimmer), Hustle (pink based dark brown shimmer), Creep (shimmery deep grey) and Gunmetal (pale glittery grey with some blue undertones).


I haven't posted swatches because they can be found all over the internet, but I have used and love this palette. The eyeshadow quality is spectacular, buttery and pigmented. I was going to mention some favourite shades but I love them all so much it's hard to decide. Here are my top 3: Virgin (perfect inner corner highlight), Half Baked (stunning metallic gold shade), Naked (matte neutral brown perfect for crease defining and blending all the shades together). I can't say enough about this palette. It's beautiful, versatile and well worth every penny. I have, and will continue to recommend this to everyone I know. Well done, Urban Decay. A very well deserved cult favourite.

Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment