Wednesday 24 September 2014

Hourglass "Icon" Liquid Lipstick Review

Hey everyone!

Only one more Hourglass sample post to go! The Sephora 500 Point Perk got me a set of Hourglass samples, and I've been trying them all out to write these reviews for you lovely people! So I'm sorry that these past few weeks have been a bit Hourglass heavy, but I figured I may as well test them out right away! (Plus new makeup is always exciting!) I hope you enjoy!
"Get a bold red lip with this lasting, vivid shade from Hourglass. The proprietary blend of advanced polymers in this liquid lipstick delivers intense, vibrant color with exceptional longevity. Skin-conditioning emollients, antioxidant fruit extracts, cili fruit, goji berry, and vitamins A, C, and E help to protect the lips throughout the day."
 The packaging of this liquid lipstick is exactly what the full size is like, this one is just 0.03 oz. It can actually be purchased online in this size for $12.00- so this is a pretty nice bonus. It is tiny, for reference, it's about the size of the width of my iPhone 4S. So it's incredibly compact, perfect for nights out for your pockets.
 This is a swatch taken on my hand. It's a beautiful 'iconic' red, with blue undertones. It has a glossy finish, but not like a lipgloss. It just looks like a nice satin finish. I swatched this on my hand and immediately wiped it off.
This was the stain left on my hand after 30 seconds of wear. So if you're thinking of trying out a few shades for your lips one night, maybe save this one for last. It could affect how other lip colours will look on your lips.

Overall I think this product is excellent. There's a reason it's named "Icon", firstly for it's fantastic colour which will forever be classic and fashionable, but also because it's lasting power, quality, moisturization and packaging make it easily beat any other brands liquid lipstick lines. I would highly, highly recommend this to everyone I know, and I will certainly be shopping around for some different shades.

I hope you enjoyed this review! Thanks for reading!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment